How I fixed "Fatal Error Pipe Failed" in Hugo


I’m launching my blog locally using the hugo server -D command and got this error:

fatal error: pipe failed

goroutine 1 [running]:
runtime.throw(0x5ce30fe, 0xb)
        /usr/local/Cellar/go/1.15.2/libexec/src/runtime/panic.go:1116 +0x72 fp=0xc001261860 sp=0xc001261830 pc=0x4039952
        /usr/local/Cellar/go/1.15.2/libexec/src/runtime/os_darwin.go:98 +0xc5 fp=0xc001261888 sp=0xc001261860 pc=0x40366a5
        /usr/local/Cellar/go/1.15.2/libexec/src/runtime/sigqueue.go:198 +0xa5 fp=0xc0012618a8 sp=0xc001261888 pc=0x406e225

hugo server and hugo serve made the same for me. This error happened to me in Hugo Static Site Generator v0.76.2/extended.

After researching the internet I found that you can try this command:

hugo server --watch=false

And this command worked for me:

Romans-MacBook-Pro:blog roman$ hugo server --watch=false
Start building sites … 

                   | EN   
  Pages            | 401  
  Paginator pages  |   0  
  Non-page files   | 261  
  Static files     |   5  
  Processed images |   0  
  Aliases          |   0  
  Sitemaps         |   1  
  Cleaned          |   0  

Built in 581 ms
Environment: "development"
Serving pages from memory
Running in Fast Render Mode. For full rebuilds on change: hugo server --disableFastRender
Web Server is available at //localhost:1313/ (bind address
Press Ctrl+C to stop

But this command has an issue that it doesn’t reload your project. You need to rerun the command every time when you need to see the fresh build. But as a temporary fix, I think it’s pretty good.

comments powered by Disqus